In 1904, the original house was built. In 1947 it was bought by the Clausen family and modernized for the first time. It got a new face. At the beginning of the
1950s it opened as a café and pastry shop on the spot, which was a topic of conversation. "Whether a 2nd cafe in Westerland next to the Cafe Orth is not too much"? At the beginning of the 60s,
the rental began to spa and bathers.
In the first third of the seventies, Sylt experienced another powerful boom. There was the chance to turn the "Clausen" into a friendly Sylt hotel garni with
flair.At the beginning of the 90, the hotel was gutted and modernized. Each room got its own bathroom.
We set ourselfesthe task of developing this family-runhospitable house. We understand
this as a matter of course. Our guests value the fact that we are developing with ease and always rely on our values.